If you have been in direct contact (within six feet for a time period of 15 minutes or more) with someone who has COVID-19, have symptoms of COVID-19, have had a COVID-19 test, or have tested positive for COVID-19.
This website is a way for faculty, staff, students, and their families to stay informed about Louisiana Tech’s response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in the United States. This remains an evolving situation. Updates will be added as information becomes available.
Here are the basics:
- The State of Louisiana is in Phase Three of the Roadmap to a Resilient Louisiana.
- Louisiana Tech is open and in Phase Three of the Return to Campus plan.
- The University is delivering courses in three modes – face to face, online, and hybrid modes.
- Travel restrictions are currently in place.
- The University is closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation and taking steps to keep students, faculty, and staff safe and healthy while continuing its educational mission.
Return to Campus
In charting a path forward amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Louisiana Tech is committed to providing students, faculty and staff with an environment where scholarship, research, leadership and creative expression can continue to thrive. The following protocols will serve as a guide for the university as it gradually reopens campus to these vital endeavors.
Human coronaviruses spread just like the flu or a cold — through the air by coughing or sneezing; through close personal contact, like touching or shaking hands; by touching an object or surface with the viruses on it; and occasionally, through fecal contamination.
Health-care professionals say one of the most important ways to help stop the spread of any virus is frequent and thorough hand-washing with soap and water for 20 seconds or longer. We should also practice social distancing and avoid those handshakes and hugs that are common on our campus. Each of us should do our part to follow these guidelines and others issued by the CDC.
Our highest priority is the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff. We will also do our best to ensure that students’ academic progress continues and students can achieve their course goals this quarter