Applying for Aid
What is Federal Financial Aid?
Federal financial aid at Louisiana Tech University is composed of the following: These are grant programs:
- Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG) – The work-study program requires that the student earn the money allocated on the offer before it is paid. It cannot be used to cover initial charges for enrollment.
- Federal Work-Study (FWSP) The following are loan programs which should be used responsibly. Funds borrowed from these programs must be repaid
- Direct Stafford Loans
- Stafford subsidized (US Gov pays interest while in school)
- Stafford unsubsidized (Student pays interest while in school)
- Parents Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)