LIFE ON CAMPUS
Tutoring is available to all Louisiana Tech students across a variety of subjects. Group tutors are available in the Bulldog Achievement Resource Center (BARC) located in Wyly Tower. The BARC can also refer students to private tutors (for an hourly rate). If you have any questions, please contact Melanie Peel:
- Phone: 318.257.4730
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: Wyly Tower 202
Online tutoring for Biology, Chemistry, Math, and Physics is available through the Zoom Video Conferencing platform during the following hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 12 – 5 p.m.
*In order to access online tutoring, follow the instructions below to register and sign-in. You MUST separately register for each day you wish to access tutoring services.
Subjects Available for Tutoring
Courses Available for Tutoring Assistance
Please see the lists below for subjects and courses where tutoring services are available. If you need help in a course that is not listed or would like to inquire about hiring a private tutor, please contact Melanie Peel at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- BISC 101/102
- BISC 130/131 &132/133
- BISC 225/226 & 227/228
- CHEM 100 – 251
Math & Statistics Courses
- MATH 100/101/102/103
- MATH 112
- MATH 125
- MATH 130
- MATH 212
- MATH 220
- MATH 222
- MATH 240/241/242/243
- STAT 200 & 220
- PHYS 201 – 300
Online Tutoring Assistance
Assessing Online Tutoring
Tutoring for Chemistry, Physics, Math, and Statistics is available online through the Zoom Video Conferencing Platform. Instructions for signing in and accessing Zoom are outlined below.
First-time Device Setup
Instructions for setting up Zoom on a computer or device after you have set up your Louisiana Tech Zoom account:
- Open the Zoom website (latech.zoom.us) or download the Zoom app.
- Click “Sign in,” then “Login with SSO,” and type latech in the SSO URL box. Sign in with your Louisiana Tech UserID & Password (same info as email and Moodle login)
- If you are using a Windows PC, you might have to scroll up to see the login boxes.
- Once you are logged into Zoom on a computer, adjust your settings to automatically mute your microphone and webcam when you enter a meeting to avoid disruption.
- You can set your microphone to mute by default by clicking Settings > Audio > check box “Always mute microphone when joining a meeting”
Joining and Participating in a Zoom Meeting
- Register for a tutoring session using the following links:
- Join a Tutoring Meeting by clicking the URL on the confirmation page or “Join A Meeting” and using the Meeting ID from the registration confirmation page.
- If it asks if you want to join your audio by computer or phone, choose “Join Audio by Computer” and check the box if you don’t want it to prompt you every time.
- If you are joining on a mobile device, please select “Turn off my video” and “Mute microphone” to avoid disrupting the session.
- Depending on your device, you might need to select “Connect device audio” before it will let you mute your microphone