February 22, 2016
Call to Order
The February 22, 2016 meeting of the University Senate was called to order at 4:00 p.m. in the Ropp Center, Room 105, by President Patrick O’Neal.
A quorum was met. Those absent without excuse or proxy are: Rich Mancil, Teddy Allen, Paul Jackson, Sanjay Tewari, and Lisa Merritt.
Approval of Minutes
The minutes for January 25, 2016 were presented for ratification; a motion to approve of the minutes as presented was made by Bill McCumber and seconded by Rhonda Boyd. Motion passed by unanimous vote.
1. Guest Speaker – None
2. President’s Opening Remarks o Important Dates and Updates
• ALFS: Dr. Rollo Estimated 70 million cut in Higher Ed
• Special Legislative Session – Feb 14 – March 8 Remind citizens to play a part at the state level
• Rally at the Capitol this Wednesday Estimated student and faculty attendance of 1500
• Coming meeting with President Professorships
Unclassified Staff Awards
3. Business o Old Business
• Topics for University Wide Senate Meeting Wed, March 16, at 4pm
AROS Survey – 180 pages • Not IRB approved
Salary comparisons with peer institutions
Submit questions to the Senate
Have surplus questions available to fill gaps
University Senate President answers questions
Unclassified policy on politics
Committees Chairs – 2 minute panel discussion
Louisiana Tech’s drop in Carnegie classification
• Reports from committees Policy
• Changes to Policy on Policies
• Policies should be updated every three years
Staff • Motion for Senate Body support, of the three Unclassified Staff Awards to be presented to Dr. Guice. Unanimously approved on a motion by Bill Davis and seconded by Andy Cline.
Work-Life • Modified Duties – stuck in committee
o New Business – None
o Other Business – None
4. Voluntary Remarks – None
5. Adjournment – The motion to adjourn was made by Steven Toaddy and seconded by Shawn Trivette. The meeting adjourned at 4:5 pm. Kim Barlow, Recording Secretary.