FACULTY & STAFF
Outstanding Service Award – Unclassified
The Outstanding Service Award is intended to recognize and reward an unclassified employee who exhibits exemplary performance, seeks growth as a professional, and carries out the duties of their job with Integrity and Excellence, two of Louisiana Tech Tenets. The employee’s innovative ideas, suggestions, work procedures, etc., have resulted in a more time-efficient and/or cost effective method of accomplishing their work responsibilities and can be implemented within the office or other administrative unites to improve productivity.
- Full time unclassified employee who has been employed within the university for two or more years. (A staff member may be selected no more than once every seven years)
- Exhibits superior leadership skills, planning, and organization
- Favorably represents their office, administrative unit and the university on and off campus
- Fosters an atmosphere of cooperation and creativity that contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of their peers
- Works well with and builds a strong connection with others
- Commitment to meeting the needs of students, faculty, and staff
A nomination link will be sent out in the Spring Quarter to all faculty/staff on campus to make their selection for this category. Consider nominating a staff member that has performed beyond expectations in a significant way towards the achievement of the University’s mission.
Members of the University Senate will review all nominations and select the top 3-5 candidates. Those top nominees will be notified and asked to complete an information packet including letters of support, to be considered for the award. These nominees will be voted on by the University Senate in May.
The individual selected for the Outstanding Service Award will receive a $1,500 check as well as a plaque commemorating their achievement at the Fall Faculty Staff Meeting.