FACULTY & STAFF
Outstanding Service Award – Classified
The Outstanding Service Award is intended to recognize and reward a classified employee who exhibits exemplary performance, seeks growth as a professional, and carries out the duties of their job with integrity and dedication. The employee’s innovative ideas, suggestions, work procedures, etc., have resulted in a more time-efficient and/or cost effective method of accomplishing their work responsibilities.
- Full time classified employee who has been employed within the university for 2+ years. (A staff member may be selected no more than once every seven years)
- Exhibits superior leadership skills, planning, and organization
- Favorably represents their office, administrative unit, and the university on and off campus
- Fosters an atmosphere of cooperation and creativity that contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of their peers
- Works well with and builds a strong connection with others
- Commitment to meeting the needs of students, faculty, and staff
Consider nominating a staff member or a team whose members have performed beyond expectations to contribute in a significant way towards the achievement of the University’s mission. To nominate a staff member for an award, simply complete the Award Nomination Form from the following awards listed below. Nominations for the 2020 awards will be accepted through April 10 at 5 p.m.
Members of the University Senate Staff Subcommittee will review all nominations and select the top 3-5 candidates. Those making nominations may be asked to provide a brief recommendation letter of support if their nominee is chosen as one of the final candidates for the award. The top nominees will be notified and asked to complete a brief personal statement that will be included with the letters of support. The nominees will be voted on by the University Senate.
The individual selected for the Outstanding Service Award will receive a $1,500 check as well as a plaque commemorating their achievement at the Fall Faculty Staff Meeting.
2020-2021 – Jennifer Caskey
2019-2020 – Terri Odenbaugh
2018-2019 – Annie Richmond
2017-2018 – Beth Free