FACULTY & STAFF
Student Outreach Award – Classified
The Student Outreach Award is intended to recognize and reward a classified employee who has taken great strides in improvement of the lives of students by becoming acclimated and integrated with student life and carries out the duties of their job with Respect and Leadership, two of Louisiana Tech Tenets. The individual will have shown great enthusiasm for their job and a strong drive to improve services to better the student.
- Full time classified employee who has been employed within the university for 2+ years. (A staff member may be selected no more than once every seven years)
- Improves quality of student life
- Goes above and beyond standard responsibilities to deliver quality service to students
- Creates a more welcoming environment through understanding and encouraging students
- Works well with and builds a strong connection with students
- Commitment to meeting the needs of students, faculty, and staff
Consider nominating a staff member or a team whose members have performed beyond expectations to contribute in a significant way towards the achievement of the University’s mission. To nominate a staff member for an award, simply complete the Award Nomination Form from the following awards listed below. Nominations for the 2019 awards will be accepted from March X to April X at 5 p.m.
Members of the University Senate Staff Subcommittee will review all nominations and select the top 3-5 candidates. Those making nominations may be asked to provide a brief letter of recommendation letter of support if their nominee is chosen as one of the final candidates for the award. The top nominees will be notified and asked to complete a brief personal statement that will be included with the letters of support. The nominees will be voted on by the University Senate.
The individual selected for the Student Outreach Award will receive a $1,500 check as well as a plaque commemorating their achievement at the Fall Faculty Staff Meeting.
Submit a nomination
2017-2018 – Constance Smith