FACULTY & STAFF
Student Outreach – Unclassified
The Student Outreach Award is intended to recognize and reward an unclassified employee who has taken great strides in improvement of the lives of students by becoming acclimated and integrated with student life and carries out the duties of their job with Respect and Leadership, two of Louisiana Tech Tenets. The individual will have shown great enthusiasm for the job and a strong drive to improve services to better the student.
- Full time unclassified employee who has been employed within the university for 2+ years. (A staff member may be selected no more than once every seven years)
- Improves quality of student life
- Goes above and beyond standard responsibilities to deliver quality service to students
- Creates a more welcoming environment through understanding and encouraging students
- Works well with and builds a strong connection with students
- Commitment to meeting the needs of students, faculty, and staff
A nomination link will be sent out in the Spring Quarter to all faculty/staff on campus to make their selection for this category. Consider nominating a staff member that has performed beyond expectations in a significant way towards the achievement of the University’s mission.
Members of the University Senate will review all nominations and select the top 3-5 candidates. Those top nominees will be notified and asked to complete an information packet including letters of support, to be considered for the award. These nominees will be voted on by the University Senate in May.
The individual selected for the Student Outreach Award will receive a $1,500 check as well as a plaque commemorating their achievement presented at the Fall Faculty Staff Meeting.