Return to Campus
If a student, faculty member or staff member needs an accommodation as Louisiana Tech returns to campus for the Fall 2020 Quarter, we have instituted processes for each area. Everyone is at risk for getting COVID-19 if they are exposed to the virus. Some people are more likely than others to become severely ill. Accommodations will be made for those who are in a high-risk category as defined by the Centers for Disease Control.
Process for faculty and staff
- A faculty or staff member should complete the faculty and staff accommodation form and return it to Human Resources, either in person or electronically. The preferable way to return the form is to email it to email@example.com.
- Human Resources will evaluate if additional information is needed to support the condition claimed and request the employee to provide any such documentation.
- The form, redacted as may be appropriate for confidentiality of medical information, is forwarded to the appropriate dean or division head.
- The dean or division head evaluates the request in consultation with the applicable department head. The dean/division head and/or the department head should have discussions with the employee if the requested accommodation cannot be provided to determine if an alternative accommodation can be agreed upon.
- Once a decision is made, the form is returned to Human Resources with the dean or division head’s decision and signature.
- Human Resources provides the final form to the employee. The employee has five business days to appeal the decision to a COVID accommodations appeal panel.
Process for students
- A student requesting an accommodation related to the COVID-19 pandemic should complete the student accommodation form and deliver it either in person or electronically. The preferable way to deliver the form is electronically to Testing and Disability Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Testing & Disability Services will follow established procedures in evaluating the accommodation request.