Summer 2021 Commencement Ceremony will be held Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 10:00 AM.
If you are not planning on participating in the ceremony you are required to complete the Absence from Commencement form by August 9. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The form can be found online.
- Tickets are not required for the Summer 2021 Commencement Ceremony.
- Family and friends who are unable to attend commencement can watch the events via Facebook Live.
Important information for graduates
- Graduates must arrive at the Thomas Assembly Center 45 minutes prior to the start of their ceremony. Additional information will be emailed to each graduate prior to the ceremony.
- Graduates should not decorate their mortar board/cap.
Order cap and gown
Caps and gowns can be ordered online. Complete details are available on the ordering page of this section of the website. Grad Fair will be held in the Bookstore July 13, 2021 at 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Regalia will be available for the students to order or purchase. Discounts will be available on select Graduation products and Alumni merchandise.
Ordering honor society cords
Honor society cords, stoles, or shawls are ordered through the local chapter of that honor society. The local chapter verifies individual eligibility each quarter. Only University-approved cords, stoles, or shawls will be allowed to be worn during the ceremony.
Students eligible for Latin honors at commencement (cum laude, magna cum laude, and summa cum laude) do not receive or wear a special cord or stole/shawl. Instead, the appropriate Latin honor is announced when they cross the stage, is listed in the Commencement Program, embossed on their diplomas, and permanently loaded into their official transcript data.
For security purposes, guests are asked to limit the use of bags, purses etc. They are strongly encouraged to only use recommended clear bags. All articles/bags brought into the Thomas Assembly Center will be subject to search and could prevent guest from being able to enter the facility.
Recommended bags are as follows:
- Small Clutch or Small Purse – 4.5”X6.5”
- Clear tote no larger than 12”X12”
- Plastic storage bag no larger than a one-gallon size