Fall 2020 Commencement will be held at 10 a.m. Nov. 21 in the Thomas Assembly Center.
Degree candidates should be preparing for commencement by applying for graduation, ordering a cap and gown, and submit their final Plans of Study if required.
Apply to graduate
Deadline to apply for graduation for Fall 2020 Commencement is Friday, Sept. 25. The Application for Graduation package is located online or in your college or department.
For information on where to submit your application:
- College of Applied and Natural Sciences – Undergraduate and graduate students should email Lori McCullough at firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Business – Undergraduate students should email Dr. Rob Blackstock at email@example.com, and graduate students should email Kassie Speaks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College of Education – Undergraduate students should email Michael Gilmore at email@example.com, and graduate students should email Debbie Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College Engineering & Science – Undergraduate students should email Joyce Bryan at email@example.com, and graduate students should email Diana Bryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College of Liberal Arts – Undergraduate and graduate students should email Mary Green at email@example.com.
Applications for the degree audit process that are submitted to your college or department will be reviewed by the dean or department head and signed for approval. Once applications are approved they will be sent to the Registrar’s Office to register for graduation.
Beginning Oct. 12, refer to your BOSS account under detailed schedule to see you have been registered for graduation (i.e. UNIV— 001).
If you do not intend to participate in the commencement ceremony, you must apply to graduate and then follow the in absentia instructions provided on the Registrar’s web page.
Graduate degree candidates should submit their final plans of study by revising the ones already submitted. Go to https://forms.latech.edu/ and login with your Moodle credentials. If you have questions about this, seek information from your faculty advisor and/or Associate Dean for Graduate Studies.
Order cap and gown
Ordering honor society cords
Honor society cords, stoles, or shawls are ordered through the local chapter of that honor society. The local chapter verifies individual eligibility each quarter.
Students eligible for Latin honors at commencement (cum laude, magna cum laude, and summa cum laude) do not receive or wear a special cord or stole/shawl. Instead, the appropriate Latin honor is announced when they cross the stage, is listed in the Commencement Program, embossed on their diplomas, and permanently loaded into their official transcript data.