Summer 2022 Commencement will be held Saturday, August 20 at 10 a.m.
If you are not planning on participating in the ceremony, you are required to complete the Absence from Commencement form by Friday, August 12. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The form can be found online.
There are currently no ticket or gathering limits for the ceremony, and masks will be optional for those in attendance.
- Tickets are currently not required for the Summer 2022 Commencement Ceremonies.
- Family and friends who are unable to attend commencement can watch the events via Facebook Live.
Important information for graduates
- Caps and gowns should be picked up from the bookstore between August 8-10 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. If you have questions, call 318.257.3066.
- Graduates must arrive at the Thomas Assembly Center, main level (bottom floor) to the right of the main entrance 45 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Doors to the Thomas Assembly Center will open one hour before each ceremony for guests to be seated.
- Masks are optional. For those graduates who chose to wear one, it should be either a solid color mask, the mask that was purchased with their cap and gown, or a Louisiana Tech branded mask.
- Graduates should not decorate their mortar board/cap.
- There are no storage areas for personal items such as purses or cameras, so plan accordingly. Do not bring these items with you!
Order cap and gown
Caps and gowns can be ordered online. Complete details are available on the ordering page of this section of the website.
Ordering honor society cords
Honor society cords, stoles, or shawls are ordered through the local chapter of that honor society. The local chapter verifies individual eligibility each quarter. Only University-approved cords, stoles, or shawls will be allowed to be worn during the ceremony.
Students eligible for Latin honors at commencement (cum laude, magna cum laude, and summa cum laude) do not receive or wear a special cord or stole/shawl. Instead, the appropriate Latin honor is announced when they cross the stage, is listed in the Commencement Program, embossed on their diplomas, and permanently loaded into their official transcript data.
For security purposes, guests are asked to limit the use of bags, purses etc. They are strongly encouraged to only use recommended clear bags. All articles/bags brought into the Thomas Assembly Center will be subject to search and could prevent guest from being able to enter the facility.
Recommended bags are as follows:
- Small Clutch or Small Purse – 4.5”X6.5”
- Clear tote no larger than 12”X12”
- Plastic storage bag no larger than a one-gallon size