Cap and gown
The University has new regalia for commencement and everyone walking will be required to purchase all gowns through the bookstore. The new regalia is stylish and makes our graduation regalia unique to Louisiana Tech University. All graduating students and faculty/staff who participate in the Commencement ceremony must wear appropriate commencement attire. The two options to order your cap and gown through the Barnes and Noble Bookstore at Louisiana Tech University are as follows:
- Online Cap and Gown Order Form – Ordering for Summer graduation begins June 6. Deadline to order online is July 1.
- Paper forms submitted to the Bookstore – Deadline to order by paper form without a late fee is July 1. Late fee starts July 5.
- Faculty Cap and Gown Rental orders due July 1.
- Doctoral Custom orders are due July 1. (Call the bookstore at 318.257.2428 for pricing)
- Doctoral Rentals are due July 1. (Call the bookstore at 318.257.2428 for pricing)
- CAP and GOWN Order Form (Main Campus)
- CAP and GOWN Order Form (Barksdale AFB Instructional Site)
- CAP and GOWN Order Form (Academic Success Center in Bossier)
- CAP and GOWN Order Form (DOCTORAL RENTAL ONLY FORM)
- CAP and GOWN Order Form (DOCTORAL CUSTOM ORDER FORM)
- CAP and GOWN Order Form (FACULTY)
You may pick up your cap and gown order at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore on campus August 8-10 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Invitations, school rings, custom diploma frames, and various graduation gifts can be purchased at the Bookstore, or online at the official Balfour school store.
Grad Fair will be held in the Bookstore from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 29. Regalia will be available for the students to order or purchase. Discounts will be available on select Graduation products and Alumni merchandise.
If you are a member of an academic honor society, cords or stoles specifically approved for wear at commencement should be ordered through your chapter advisor or chapter president. You will be asked to remove unauthorized items from robes and mortarboards before commencement begins.
Honor society cords
Honor Society graduation accoutrements (cords or shawls) are ordered through the local chapter of that honor society. The local chapter verifies individual eligibility each quarter.
Students eligible for Latin honors at commencement (cum-, magna-, and summa cum laude) do not receive or wear a special cord or stole/shawl. Instead, the appropriate Latin honor is announced when they cross the stage. It is also listed in the Commencement Program, embossed on their diploma, and permanently loaded into their official transcript data.
Additional or replacement diplomas can be ordered online by following the link below.
- Paper diploma = $30
- Diploma Cover = $6
- Paper diploma with cover = $36
If you choose to have your order mailed, add an additional $10 for postage (U.S. addresses only) per order.
Photographs will be available online one week following commencement. For questions please contact: Kevin Beasley Photographers Inc, 318.254.8122 or email email@example.com
Ordering Your Images:
- Go to: gradphotonetwork.com
- Enter “Any part of event name” – LA TECH
- Chose event by date
- Find your images – Search by name