Grievance Procedures

Louisiana Tech University policy dictates an expeditious resolution of accommodation issues between students (or student applicants) and participation in academic and other programs, activities, and services of the university. Testing and Disability Services (TDS) will work with students and representatives of the departments, programs, or services to provide effective and satisfactory accommodations. Unresolved requests for accommodations or complaints regarding alleged violations or requirements should be presented in writing using the Grievance Form to Testing and Disability Services ( or PO Box 3009, Ruston, LA 71272). Testing and Disability Services will forward this document to the appropriate university administrator, 504 Coordinator, or the ADA Committee within five (5) working days after the individual becomes aware of the unresolved issue. The written account should provide the name and contact information of the individual filing the complaint and a brief description of the alleged violation and requested resolution. The Grievance Form may be accessed on the Testing and Disability Services website (Grievance Form). Referrals will be made as follows:

  • Academic/Curricula – Vice President for Academic Affairs (Dr. Terry McConathy,
  • Facility Access – Vice President for Administrative Services (Mr. Sam Wallace,
  • Housing/Student Sponsored Events – Assistant Vice President for Student Advancement (Dr. Dickie Crawford,
  • Other Matters – 504 Coordinator/ADA Committee (Annie Jantz,

In each case, the university representative will investigate the complaint and render a decision within 30 days of receipt of the complaint, if possible. If the grievant is not satisfied with response, the grievant (within 30 days of notification) may appeal to the ADA Coordinator who will convene the ADA Council to review the complaint and make a recommendation to the President. The decision of the President will be communicated to the grievant and will be the final University administrative action on the grievance. An individual has the right to file complaints of ADA violations with the Disability Rights Section, Civil Rights Division, U.S. Department of Justice, P.O. Box 66738, Washington, DC 20035-6738.