FACULTY & STAFF
Tech 2020 Overview
Louisiana Tech University will be recognized as a top public research university with an unparalleled integrated educational experience.
RECRUITING AND RETAINING A DIVERSE UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE STUDENT BODY AND UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY
STRATEGIC PRIORITY 1.2: Reallocate and reorganize existing human, financial and web-based resources.
INTEGRATING LEARNING, DISCOVERY, AND DEVELOPMENT FOR AN UNPARALLELED EDUCATION
STRATEGIC PRIORITY 2.1: Design, develop, and implement an interdisciplinary, integrated seminar series at sophomore/junior level focused on knowledge and skills that are hallmarks of Louisiana Tech graduates, regardless of degree program.
STRATEGIC PRIORITY 2.2: Enhance the quality of online education and coordinate the development of new online programs for academic degrees, professional development courses, and academic and workforce certificate programs.
STRATEGIC PRIORITY 2.3: Increase interdisciplinary research experiences for undergraduate and graduate students.
ELEVATING OUR RESEARCH AND GRADUATE PROGRAMS TO NATIONAL PROMINENCE
STRATEGIC PRIORITY 3.1: Assess current research policies and procedures related to increase research success.
STRATEGIC PRIORITY 3.2: Improve data-driven decision-making in research, technology transfer, and graduate studies.
MAXIMIZING THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF OUR INNOVATION ENTERPRISE
STRATEGIC PRIORITY 4.1: Create easily accessible, extra-curricular opportunities for entrepreneurial and multi-disciplinary experiences.
STRATEGIC PRIORITY 4.2: Initiate proactive marketing, recruitment, and development strategies for the Enterprise Campus and integrate student experiences.
STRATEGIC PRIORITY 4.3: Expand our workforce development partnerships with regional business partners (collaboration with Theme 2.)
Tech 2020 identifies strategic focus areas for the University:
- To support high quality education from birth through life
- To enrich the learning outcomes for all students through highly integrated and interdisciplinary programs that encompass service learning and global awareness
- To build an innovative research and graduate program that is nationally prominent and aligns with Louisiana and national economic interests
Tech 2020 sets challenging goals by which the University will benchmark its progress Graduation rate of 70%
- First-year retention rate of 85%
- 25% of first-time freshmen in the top 10% of their high school class
- 20-25% graduate students
- Triple our research productivity
- 10 patents granted per year
- 20 active tenants & five graduates per year from our Technology Incubators
- Research Park with six tenant companies
- Triple our endowment
It is the considered judgment of the Louisiana Tech University Family that an enrollment of 15,000 students would maximize the achievement of these goals.