Transfer students

What happens next?

Check your email

You should be receiving an email shortly that includes the following information:

  • Your CWID or Campus-Wide ID number
  • a Financial Aid checklist

Register for Orientation

  • You will receive an email inviting you to orientation.
  • Orientation sessions are open for registration beginning Oct. 1.
  • After you fill out the necessary forms, complete your registration by making a payment through the follow-up confirmation email.

Apply for scholarships

  • Transfer students must fill out a separate application form to receive all academic scholarships, including the Bulldog Out-of-State Scholarship.
  • Please keep in mind that there is a priority deadline for all transfer scholarships.
  • For more information, check out our scholarship page online.

Apply for housing

  • The Housing Application is available online for the following academic year beginning Oct. 
  • The application includes a non-refundable $150 deposit.

Submit all admission materials

  • Be sure the Office of Admissions has received official copies of transcripts showing grades for all college credit you have earned.
  • IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 24 COLLEGE-LEVEL HOURS, you may have additional materials to submit. Be sure all of these have been received as well.

Complete all financial aid materials

  • Please see the Financial Aid checklist included in the email with your CWID.

Check out the Kennel

  • The Kennel is our personalized online portal that plugs you in to what Louisiana Tech has to offer!

Sign and return your scholarship letter

  • If you are offered scholarships through the Office of Admissions, you will receive a letter in the mail. Be sure to sign and return this letter to accept the scholarships.

Attend Orientation

  • At orientation, you will be assigned an advisor and get to register for classes.
  • You will also receive your student ID card, which will allow you to get your parking decal.

If you are not starting in the Fall Quarter or do not attend Orientation

  • Contact the Department for your major.
  • You must be cleared to register for courses by an advisor in the department of your major.
  • Find out who your advisor is and set up an advising appointment.