- designing, installing and operating the Inter Cryostat Detector (ICD) sub system;
- designing and building electronics for part of the D∅ Calorimeter;
- writing software for the data acquisition systems;
- helping to install and commission the detector next year; and
- taking data and studying physics with the completed experiment.
- One of two collider experiments at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory near Chicago
- Highest energy proton-antiproton collisons in the world
- Discovered the top quark, single top production, oscillations of the Bs mesons, the cascadeb baryon
- Large international collaboration (over 50 institutions, over 500 scientists and engineers)
- Optimized to look for new physics, measure particle energies well, provide nearly complete detector coverage
- Upgraded in 1995-2000 with portions built at Louisiana Tech
Please visit the D∅ experiment homepage for more information.