LIFE ON CAMPUS
The Department of Recreation depends on Louisiana Tech University students to assist with many of the programs and services that we offer at the Lambright Sports & Wellness Center. Working with the department gives student workers the opportunity to meet other Louisiana Tech students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
The Department of Recreation is the largest employer of students on campus. The positions available include:
- Archery Range – Signing in archers and maintaining overall safety of the range.
- Service Desks – Answering phones, taking messages, checking out equipment, and monitoring access to the facility.
- Member Office – Handling community memberships and clerical work.
- Bowling Alley – Checking out equipment, monitoring access to the alley, and troubleshooting machines.
- Rock Wall – Certification is required.
- Fitness Staff – Cleaning and monitoring fitness areas.
- Party/Event Staff – Setup and breakdown of special events throughout the building.
- Outdoor Recreation – Maintenance over all recreation fields, Hideaway park, and archery range.
- Intramural Officials – Refereeing various Intramural sports including basketball, flag football, soccer, volleyball, etc.
- Lifeguards -Monitoring indoor and outdoor pools to ensure safety to all. Certification is required.
If interested in working with the Department of Recreation, student employment applications are found online here or at the Front Desk of Lambright Sports & Wellness Center. The appropriate coordinator will review applications and set up interviews with candidates. Students will go through orientation and training for the position they are hired. Schedules will be established on student availability. Student employee wages will be based on position and experience.