Maintenance Services

The Department of Residential Life provides maintenance services at no cost to our students. If students living on campus have any type of maintenance issue they are asked to fill out a work order request so that our staff can be notified of the situation.

Submitting a work order

Students can submit a work order by notifying their Resident Assistant or Hall Director of the issue they are having. The RA or HD will then fill out a request and submit it to Building Services. A student can also call Building Services at 318.257.4038 or Residential Life at 318.257.4917 to submit a request. These offices are open Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.  A student may email the work order request to  In the email, please include your name, room/apartment number, a detailed description of the issue as well as a phone number where our staff can contact you either for more details or to schedule an appointment to begin work.

If a student has an emergency maintenance issue over the weekend they can contact the Hall Director on weekend duty. This information will be posted in your building.

Please note that not all maintenance issues are handled through the Residential Life office. If students are having problems with plumbing, electricity, or heat/air these issues are handled through our Physical Plant on campus. However, please notify our office first so that we can coordinate the work with our campus offices.  Please allow time for the Physical Plant to process your work order.