TRENCHLESS TECHNOLOGY CENTER
Trenchless Technology Center
The Trenchless Technology Center (TTC) at Louisiana Tech University is a cooperative research center for academia, government, and industry. The Center’s mission is to advance trenchless technology by serving as an independent source of knowledge, research, and education in the field. Trenchless technology includes a large family of methods used for installing and rehabilitating underground utility systems with minimal surface disruption and destruction resulting from excavation. The TTC utilizes a three-pronged approach to accomplish its mission: research & development, education, and technology transfer.
About Trenchless Technology Center (TTC)
The Trenchless Technology Center (TTC) was initiated as the Trenchless Excavation Center in 1989 and formally became the TTC in Nov. 1991. It was created to promote research, development and technology transfer in the trenchless industry. In addition to its research activities, a strong effort has been focused towards the education of engineers, contractors, government agencies and others about the availability and capability of trenchless methods for the solution of difficult underground infrastructure problems. The TTC has worked with various organizations in evaluating and developing new technology for the industry. Industry members contribute financial support, expertise and guidance – principally through the Industry Advisory Board (IAB). Organizations like the Louisiana Contractors’ Educational Trust Fund play an important role in supporting the TTC.
- Former TTC/NASTT Student Excels in Industry (Jan. 2019)
- TTC Planning for 3rd Utility Investigation School (UIS) in February (Dec. 2018)
- IAB Member, Lynn Osborn, Named 2019 UCTA MVP (Oct. 2018)
- TTC Keeps Industry Moving Forward (Sep. 2018)
- Staff Changes, New Initiatives Highlight Busy Year for TTC (Jul. 2018)
- TTC Awarded $200K Phase II CIPP Emissions Project (Jun. 2018)
- TTC Awarded $500K SIPP Technology Project (Jan. 2018)
- Matthews Column: Importance of Verification, Validation, and Peer-Review (Dec. 2017)
- TTC Research Activities Expanding Rapidly (Nov. 2017)
- Dr. Matthews Assumes TTC Leadership Role (Aug. 2017)