The Louisiana Tech University Physical Plant provides support services to students, faculty, administrators, and staff with a focus on the operation and maintenance of grounds, buildings, and other physical facilities.
Key requests and changes to locks
Modification to facilities
Online work orders – Work order requests can be submitted online
Paper work orders – Requests for key duplication, lock changes, and room modifications that require signatures and drawings must be submitted on paper work orders.
University bus usage
Use of the bus is for official business of Louisiana Tech University only.
Listed below are the requirements for use of the Louisiana Tech University bus:
- All bus requests must be completed with Department Head and Dean approval, department charge information, and itinerary attached before the bus can be scheduled for any trip. NO EXCEPTIONS
- All scheduling is on a first come, first serve basis with a completed request form. Send forms to the Physical Plant office at Campus Box 16, hand deliver to 1201 Hull Avenue, or email to Receiving@LATech.edu.
- It is recommended that you call the Physical Plant office (x3267) to see if the bus is available on the dates you are requesting. Sending the form to the Physical Plant does not guarantee your reservation.
- Requests should be submitted no later than a full week in advance.
- The requesting department will be responsible for the driver’s room and meals on all overnight trips.
- Drivers are not permitted to drive over 10 hours in a 15 hour period. Overnight stays are necessary beyond this limit.
- If your destination is more than 5 hours driving time from your starting point, an overnight stay is required by law.
- All Students and Non-University personnel must have completed an Indemnity Form before boarding the bus. This must be kept on file in the requesting Department and retained according to their retention schedules.
Rules for bus use:
- No food or drink allowed on the bus.
- No tobacco use, which includes smoking and smokeless tobacco.
- No sunflower seeds
- No spiked or cleated shoes.
- All University Policies apply to riding the bus.
- PPM49 Regulations apply to the use of the bus.
The group requesting usage of the University bus is responsible for obtaining all rider signatures on the state acknowledgement form along with maintaining a file copy for no less than 36 months.
Estimated costs to use bus
Trips are shown as examples. Please email email@example.com for more specific costs.
- Lincoln Parish – $100.00
- Monroe, Shreveport, Alexandria, Natchitoches, El Dorado – $600.00
- Lafayette, LA; Jackson, MS; Nacogdoches, TX; Little Rock, AR – $1,200.00
- Baton Rouge, LA; Lake Charles, LA; Hattiesburg, MS; Beaumont, TX – $1,500.00
- Hammond, LA; Starkville, MS; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Mobile, AL – $1,800.00
- Denton, TX; College Station, TX – $1,900.00
- New Orleans, LA; Biloxi, MS; Memphis, TN – $2,000.00
- Waco, TX; Houston, TX; Oxford, MS; Thibodaux, LA – $2,100.00
- Tuscaloosa, AL – $2,200.00
- Fayetteville, AR – $2,400.00
- Birmingham, AL; Austin, TX; San Marcos, TX; Tulsa, OK – $2,600.00
- San Antonio, TX; Oklahoma City, OK; Huntsville, AL; Talladega AL – $3,000.00
- Nashville, TN – $3,300.00
- Bowling Green, KY; Murfreesboro, TN – $3,800.00
- For emergency-related, facility-related problems – 318.257.3267
- After-hour emergency, facility-related problems – 318.257.4707
- Campus engineer – 318.257.3267
- Custodial (non-residential) – 318.257.3664
- Electrical – 318.257.3267
- Energy management – 318.257.3267
- Grounds shop – 318.257.3811
- Heating/air conditioning – 318.257.3267
- Motor pool – 318.257.2937
- Plumbing – 318.257.3267
- Power plant – 318.257.4707
- Receiving – 318.257.2937