Policy 2215 – Procedures for Changing a Grade

Revision Date: 9/28/2021

Last Review: 9/28/2021

Responsible Office: Registrar

Reference: Council of Academic Deans


In the event it should become necessary to change a student’s grade because of error or other valid cause, the instructor must initiate the process using the “Request for Change of Grade” form. All grade changes, including the changing of an incomplete “I” grade, are processed using the grade change form. Forms are available in the academic Department offices and can be found at the Louisiana Tech University website. The completed form should be signed by the instructor and routed to the Unit Head and College Dean for approval and signature prior to submission to the Registrar. The procedure should be expedited by all parties.  Then, with the appropriate authorization, the Registrar’s Office will change the grade on the student’s official record.