Policy 2307 – Transfer Admissions
Revision Date: 2014
Responsible Office: Admissions Office
Reference: Board of Supervisors
Admission Requirements – Transfer Admission
A transfer student must:
- Have earned 24 hours or more (exclusive of developmental deficiencies) with:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.25 or higher;
- No developmental deficiencies; and
- Have completed a college-level English and mathematics course;
2. Have earned fewer than 24 hours (exclusive of developmental deficiencies) with:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.25 and
- Meet all other admissions standards for first-time freshmen,
3. Have earned an Associate Degree or higher from an accredited institution.
Students transferring should submit an application and official transcript(s) from each college attended, regardless of whether credit was earned or transferable. Transcripts must be mailed directly from the college/university to Louisiana Tech. Students who fail to acknowledge attendance at any college or university in which they have been registered are subject to having their admission canceled or, if enrolled, to being dismissed from Louisiana Tech University. Evaluations concerning probation, suspension, grades, grade point average, hours pursued and earned are based on Tech standards, regardless of prior determinations at the other institutions attended.
No student will be admitted if under scholastic or disciplinary suspension from another college or university. A suspended student will not be considered for admission until the time interval of suspension has elapsed; where such interval is not clearly defined, it will equal a period comparable to rules in place at Tech.
A maximum of 68 semester hours from a junior college or community college may be applied toward a bachelor’s degree at Louisiana Tech. Normally, only courses taught at the freshman/sophomore level at Louisiana Tech will be accepted from a junior/community college toward a Louisiana Tech degree.
For additional information, please visit: http://www.latech.edu/admission/#readmission