Policy 7105 – Communications with Funding Agencies

Revision Date: 02/09/2023

Last Review:  02/09/2023

Responsible Office: Office of Research and Partnerships


All correspondence regarding the University’s contractual commitments and obligations, including notice of award, revisions, extensions, continua­tions, and project terminations, should be handled by the Office of Sponsored Projects. This policy does not preclude correspondence between a PI and the program staff of a funding organization regarding technical aspects of a project. Occasionally, the scope of the project may be affected as a result of these communications. To ensure that the commitments of University resources or the University’s compliance with laws and regulations are not adversely affected by possible changes in the scope of the project, the correspondence should be reviewed by and conveyed through the Office of Sponsored Projects.


Not Applicable


Not Applicable