LIFE ON CAMPUS
Using the Housing Portal (for returning students only)
Returning Student Housing Renewal Applications
Current residents interested in living on campus and signing a 9-month lease for Academic Year 2020-2021 or a 12-month lease for Summer + Academic Year 2020-2021, may complete their application for renewal at any time between February 18th at 1pm and March 6th at 10am. The application simply lets our office know which of our current residents are interested in participating in the lottery to attain a space on campus. It is not a guarantee that space will be available. During this timeframe, you may complete the application steps and begin searching for roommates. Roommates MUST be confirmed before you can assign a preferred roommate to live with you and before March 6th at 10am. All confirmed roommates are given the same time slot for room selection.
Time-slots for room selection are randomly assigned by our computer system and are not awarded based on classification, initial application date and time, or any other factor. Timeslots will be emailed to residents on March 11th and can also be found within our housing portal by hovering the cursor over the room selection step.
Room selection timeslots open up between March 16th and March 27th. A $100 booking payment must be paid by midnight on April 14th to secure the space you selected. Students will only be asked to pay and sign the lease once they have booked a room. Bookings will be deleted/canceled for any student who fails to make their $100 booking payment by the deadline of April 14th.
Please note that you are not guaranteed a specific housing assignment from year to year and may be unable to reserve your current accommodations. Any student who begins the renewal process, but doesn’t select an assignment will not be assigned a room by our office and your renewal application may be canceled.
Students who do not pay the booking payment by midnight on April 14th, 2020, must reapply for on-campus housing, beginning June 3rd, which is a $250 non-refundable application fee.
RETURNING RESERVATION SCHEDULE (for current students who live on campus only)
|February 18th (1pm) – March 6th (10am)||Current residents may begin a renewal application and begin searching for roommate(s).|
|March 16th (1pm) – March 27th (10am)||Timeslots will open for students to select a housing assignment.|
|DEADLINE: April 14th at midnight||A $100 booking payment must be paid by midnight on April 14th to secure the space you selected. Bookings will be deleted/canceled for any student who fails to make their $100 booking payment by the deadline of April 14th.|
Returning Student Housing Options for 2020-2021:
Academic Year 2020-2021 (September 4, 2020 – May 22, 2021) housing options for returning residents **:
- Sutton A, B, C, D, E (9-month lease)
- Kidd A, B, C (9-month lease)
- Caruthers D (9-month lease)
- Neilson D (9-month lease)
- Hutcheson A, B, C (9-month lease)
- McFarland A, B, C (9-month lease)
- Mitchell, Dudley, Adams and Aswell 3rd floors (9-month lease)
- Cottingham 2nd floor (9-month lease)
- Graham 3rd floor if you meet the Engineering LLC requirements (9-month lease) (If you currently live in Graham, have only lived there for one year and are still an Engineering or Computer Science major)
12-month (May 31, 2020 – May 22, 2021) housing options for returning residents **:
- Neilson C (12-month lease)
- Caruthers C (12-month lease)
- Hutcheson D, E (12-month lease)
- Thatcher A, B (12-month lease)
**Please note that some spaces within these location may not be available.**
Summer housing options for returning residents: (May 31, 2020 – August 14, 2020)
Students interested in living on campus during the summer and not signing a 12-month lease may opt to complete a separate Summer only housing application and select a room in Dudley B or Dudley C residential suites. This is the only summer housing options available to students who do not sign a 12-month lease in an apartment.
- 9-month lease agreements cannot be canceled or adjusted after July 15, 2020.
- 12-month lease agreements cannot be canceled or adjusted after 5pm on May 22, 2020.
- A $250 fee will be assessed to a student’s account if that student reserves a 12-month apartment space and changes the lease to 0-months before May 22, 2020.
- Anyone who has not paid the $100 reservation/booking fee by April 14th will have their booking (housing assignment) removed.
- Apartment meal plans will no longer be offered or available to any student residing in an apartment.
Information Sessions to help explain the process and answer your questions will be held at the following times:
- Tuesday, February 11th at 11am in Wyly Tower Auditorium
- Wednesday, February 12th at 2pm in Wyly Tower Auditorium
The Department of Residential Life is hosting an Off-Campus Housing Fair on Wednesday, March 25th 10am-1pm in the TONK. Off-campus realtors and apartment complexes have been invited to set up tables to discuss with you their application/deposit process, their availability, etc. Please make plans to attend if you desire to move off campus or are unable to reserve a preferred location during your time slot.