International Admission Checklist
LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY
P. O. Box 7923
1642 Wyly Tower, 1310 W. Railroad Avenue
Ruston LA 71272 USA
GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS
The following is a list of items to be submitted for application for admission to a graduate degree program.
- Completed Graduate Application form.
- Non-refundable processing fee - $40.00.
- Official degree-posted academic transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Certified translations of English must accompany all documents.
- Official diplomas
- Completed Affidavit of Support form (I-134) and certified financial statement (not more than 2 months old). International students are required to submit proof of available yearly funds to cover each year of study at the University.
- Satisfactory test scores:
- GRE (General) - use school code 6372 (Required by the following colleges: Applied & Natural Sciences, Education, Engineering & Science, and Liberal Arts)
- GMAT - use school code 6372 (not more than 5 years old; Required by the college of Business)
- Letters of Recommendation (3 recommended if required)
- Graduate Assistantship Application - (if interested)
- Proof of English proficiency
- TOEFL scores not more than 2 yrs old - minimum requirements; Internet-based test - 80; Paper-based test - 550
- IELTS scores - minimum requirements 6.5 total (over 4 modules)
- ELS Level 112 intensive course from study at the ELS Center. An ELS Center is located on the campus of Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, Louisiana.
- Copy of passport. (I-20 will not be issued unless copy of passport on file.)
Other forms that will be required once admission has been granted.
- Medical History form.
- Housing Application for residing on-campus. ** Housing is full at this time
- If transferring from another university, I-20 transfer form must be presented to the International Student Office.
NOTE: I-20's for international students will be issued only to accepted students.