International Admission Checklist
All Application Documents should be submitted to:
LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY
P. O. Box 7923
1642 Wyly Tower, 1310 W. Railroad Avenue
Ruston LA 71272 USA
GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS
The following is a list of items to be submitted for application for admission to a graduate degree program.
- Completed Graduate Application form.
- Non-refundable processing fee - $40.00.
- Official degree-posted academic transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Certified translations of English must accompany all documents.
- Official diplomas
- Completed Affidavit of Support form (I-134) and certified financial statement (not more than 2 months old). International students are required to submit proof of available yearly funds to cover each year of study at the University.
- Satisfactory test scores:
- GRE (General) - use school code 6372 (Required by the following colleges: Applied & Natural Sciences, Education, Engineering & Science, and Liberal Arts)
- GMAT - use school code 6372 (not more than 5 years old; Required by the college of Business)
- Letters of Recommendation (3 recommended if required)
- Graduate Assistantship Application - (if interested)
- Proof of English proficiency
- TOEFL scores not more than 2 yrs old - minimum requirements; Internet-based test - 80; Paper-based test - 550
- IELTS scores - minimum requirements 6.5 total (over 4 modules)
- ELS Level 112 intensive course from study at the ELS Center. An ELS Center is located on the campus of Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, Louisiana.
Other forms that will be required once admission has been granted.
- Medical History form.
- Housing Application for residing on-campus. ** Housing is full at this time
- If transferring from another university, I-20 transfer form must be presented to the International Student Office.
NOTE: I-20's for international students will be issued only to accepted students.