International Admission Checklist
All Admission Documents should be submitted to the Graduate School.
Physical Address/Delivery (FEDEX, UPS, or USPS):
Louisiana Tech University
P. O. Box 7923
1642 Wyly Tower, 1310 W. Railroad Avenue #7923
Ruston LA 71272 USA
All Official Transcripts should be submitted to the Graduate School.
Phone: (318) 257-2924
Fax: (318) 257-4487
Louisiana Tech University is a Credentials eSCRIP-SAFE™ transcript sending and receiving network member.
Graduate Degree Programs
The following is a list of application items to be submitted for admission to a graduate degree program.
- Completed on-line Graduate Application
- Non-refundable processing fee - $40.00
- Official degree-posted academic transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
* Certified translations of English must accompany all documents
- Official academic diplomas and final degree certificate
- Completed Affidavit of Support form (I-134) and certified financial statement (not more than 6 months old)
International students are required to submit proof of available yearly funds to cover each year of study at the University. All fees are subject to change without notice. An estimate of the average cost for an academic term of 9-12 months is $29, 068 for 2016-2017.
- Satisfactory test scores:
- GRE - use school code 6372 (May be required by the following colleges: Applied & Natural Sciences, Education, Engineering & Science, and Liberal Arts)
- GMAT - use school code 6372 (not more than 5 years old; Required by the College of Business)
- Letters of Recommendation (3 recommended if required)
- Graduate Assistantship (indicate on application if interested)
- Proof of English proficiency
- TOEFL scores not more than 2 yrs old - minimum requirements; Internet-based test - 80; Paper-based test - 550
- IELTS scores - minimum requirements 6.5 total (over 4 modules)
- ELS Level 112 intensive course from study at the ELS Center. An ELS Center is located on the campus of Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, Louisiana.
- Copy of passport (I-20 will not be issued unless copy of passport on file)
Your application for admission will be processed only when all of the required credentials are on file. You will be notified of the decision by E-letter.
Other forms that will be required once admission has been granted
- Medical History Form
- Housing Application for residing on campus **Housing is full at this time
- If transferring from another university, I-20 transfer form must be presented to the International Student Office
NOTE: I-20's for international students will be issued only to accepted students
For Fall Quarter enrollment June 1
For Winter Quarter enrollment September 1
For Spring Quarter enrollment December 1
Applications received after these dates will be considered for the subsequent Quarter upon written request to defer. There is a restriction of up to a maximum of two deferrals.
International Student Office