International Admission Checklist
All Admission Documents should be submitted to the Graduate School.
Physical Address/Delivery (FEDEX, UPS, or USPS):
Louisiana Tech University
P. O. Box 7923
1642 Wyly Tower, 1310 W. Railroad Avenue #7923
Ruston LA 71272 USA
All Official Transcripts should be submitted to the Graduate School.
Phone: (318) 257-2176
Fax: (318) 257-4041
Louisiana Tech University is a Credentials eSCRIP-SAFE™ transcript sending and receiving network member.
Graduate Degree Programs
The following is a list of application items to be submitted for admission to a graduate degree program.
- Completed on-line Graduate Application
- Non-refundable processing fee - $40.00
- Official degree-posted academic transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
submitted to Office of the Registrar
* Certified translations of English must accompany all documents
- Official diplomas submitted to the Office of the Register
- Completed Affidavit of Support form (I-134) and certified financial statement (not more than 2 months old)
International students are required to submit proof of available yearly funds to cover each year of study at the University.
- Satisfactory test scores:
- GRE - use school code 6372 (Required by the following colleges: Applied & Natural Sciences, Education, Engineering & Science, and Liberal Arts)
- GMAT - use school code 6372 (not more than 5 years old; Required by the College of Business)
- Letters of Recommendation (3 recommended if required)
- Graduate Assistantship Application (if interested)
- Proof of English proficiency
- TOEFL scores not more than 2 yrs old - minimum requirements; Internet-based test - 80550
- IELTS scores - minimum requirements 6.5 total (over 4 modules)
- ELS Level 112 intensive course from study at the ELS Center. An ELS Center is located on the campus of Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, Louisiana.
- Copy of passport (I-20 will not be issued unless copy of passport on file)
Other forms that will be required once admission has been granted
- Medical History Form
- Housing Application for residing on campus **Housing is full at this time
- If transferring from another university, I-20 transfer form must be presented to the International Student Office
NOTE: I-20's for international students will be issued only to accepted students
International Student Office