Financial Responsibility Policy
By registering for courses at Louisiana Tech University, you hereby acknowledge that you are entering into a contractual arrangement with Louisiana Tech, whereby you agree to comply with all laws, rules, and regulations applicable to your registration, payment of fees, enrollment, and attendance. Included in the rules and regulations that comprise the terms and conditions of this contract are those contained in the Louisiana Tech University Catalog and Quarterly Racing Form in effect during the years of your enrollment.
In addition to reading, agreeing with, and accepting all of the terms and conditions set forth in the Louisiana Tech University Catalog and Quarterly Racing Form, you must specifically acknowledge the following:
- All fees and other University expenses are due at the beginning of the quarter.
- It is the student’s responsibility to cancel their registration by dropping all courses before classes begin if proper financial arrangements have not been made.
- The University reserves the right to withhold future services (registration, transcript request, etc.) to persons who have any outstanding obligations with the University.
- In the event that financial aid is reduced or canceled, or in the event the student has not met the specified requirements for receiving such aid, the student will become responsible for the full balance of outstanding charges.
- If payment is in the form of a check and the check is returned for any reason, a $15 service charge will be charged to the account.
- Students leaving Louisiana Tech prior to the 60% of the period of enrollment, officially or unofficially, are obligated to return the federal aid received for that quarter proportionate to the student’s attendance. Failure to return that portion of federal aid received upon demand may result in the amount owed being transferred to the Louisiana Attorney General’s office for collection. Upon transmittal for collection, the student is responsible for collection fees up to the amount of thirty-three and one-third per cent (33 1/3%) of the unpaid debt.
- Any debt owed to the university as a result of the student’s failure to make required payments or failure to comply with the terms of the applicable program as governed by the Louisiana Tech University Catalog and Quarterly Racing Form will result in a violation of the terms and conditions of this contract. Failure to respond to demands for payment made by Louisiana Tech may result in such debts being transferred to the Louisiana Attorney General’s office for collection. Upon transmittal for collection, the student is responsible for collection fees in the amount of thirty-three and one-third percent (33 1/3%) of the unpaid debt.
If you should have any questions regarding this Financial Responsibility Policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 318.257.4325.