Would You like to be a member of Regal Blues or a Louisiana Tech Cheerleader?
Would you like to have Champ, the Regal Blues, or the Cheerleaders at one of your events?
Complete the Appearance Request Form and email it to the appropriate contact.
Cheer – Emily Spoon – email@example.com
Regal Blues – Caroline Milford – firstname.lastname@example.org
Champ – Wes Gregory – email@example.com
Appearances for non-Tech related events require a small fee and help raise funds necessary to keep uniform and mascot costs to a minimum for our program.
Please email the cheer coach at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the cheer program. Include your name, age, current school status, and contact information.
Stunt Clinics will be held throughout the year in the Red Gym at the Lambright Intramural Center. Clinics are for grades 6 and higher. Basic co-ed stunting skills will be taught.
Stunt Clinic dates for 2019:
- February 10, 2019 (2 – 4:30 pm) – Open to 6th grade and above.
- March 10, 2019 (2 – 4:30 pm) – Open to 6th grade and above.
- April 7, 2019 (2 – 4:30 pm) – Open to 11th grade and above.
Cost: $35 Cash/Check Payable to LaTech Foundation
Please fill out the Stunt Clinic Application for each clinic and bring it with you to attend.
2019-2020 Tryout Dates: May 10-12th, 2019
ABOUT THE TEAM: The Louisiana Tech Regal Blues are experienced and technically trained dancers who focus primarily on technique, performance and maintaining their physical fitness. A full year commitment is mandatory. Tryouts are in the spring and practices are held throughout the summer, and 3-5 times a week during the school year to learn and perfect choreography.Participation is required in team workouts 2-3 times per week. Over the summer, the entire Regal Blues team attends UDA College Dance Camp and veteran members attend ProAction Dance Intensive. During the school year, the Regal Blues represent the Bulldogs at numerous sporting events, such as football, men’s and women’s basketball, and occasional soccer and volleyball games. In addition, we participate in pep rallies and additional athletic department events, campus and community service activities during the year. There is not a weight or height restriction to be on this team, but physical fitness as a collegiate dancer is expected.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Committed, well-rounded individuals and dancers with good character that will represent Louisiana Tech University in a positive manner, as Regal Blues are highly visible within our university and our community. We seek out girls that are outgoing and can work well with coaches and other teammates. Another important facet of our program is members who embody athleticism by way of skill level, fitness, health and work ethic. Potential members should have experience in jazz, hip hop, and pom.
Tryout Clinics- These clinics are required for those interested in auditioning for the team this upcoming season. At these clinics, you will receive one-on-one feedback from the coach, learn the fight song which is part of tryouts, and have an opportunity to ask any questions you may have regarding the Regal Blues. Both clinics will be held at Lambright Sports and Wellness Center in the aerobics room from 2-4 pm.
– Saturday, March 23, 2019
– Saturday, April 6, 2019
2019-2020 Regal Blues team tryouts : Friday, April 26th and Saturday, April 27th.
The first team meeting will be on Sunday, April 28th and is mandatory for those who make the team.
For more information on the Regal Blues, contact the dance coach at email@example.com.
Do you have what it takes to fill the shoes? Champ tryouts are a fun-filled experience and a great way to show off your school spirit. Champ, Louisiana Tech University mascot, is one of the most recognized and beloved members of the Tech family. The chosen candidate will be trained to be one of the nation’s top college mascots and icons for Louisiana Tech Alumni, Friends, Family, Faculty, Athletes, and Students.
Where: Lambright Intramural Sports Center
How long: Depends on the number of applicants
What to bring: Workout/running clothes to wear while in-suit, towel, change of clothes, water, and a positive attitude
- Must be a full time student and have Bulldog Pride 24/7
- Must have and maintain a minimum 2.3 cumulative GPA
- Must be between 5’ 6” and 6’ 0” (due to suit restrictions)
- Must be in good physical condition, with good health
- Must be good with kids and able to perform at a moment’s notice
What will I do at the tryout?
- Applicant should arrive on time, with a completed application.
- Applicants will complete a one-on-one interview with Judges. (The current Squad will not be present in order to maintain privacy.)
- Immediately following the interview, applicants may be asked to perform a 30-second improvisational skit with items commonly found in the TAC or Joe Aillet Stadium. The skit helps gauge the applicants’ on-the-fly creativity.
Skits will be judged on creativity, energy and physical exaggeration. Try to make the Judges laugh! This must be family friendly because crowds range in age from one month to 117 years.
Finalists will be invited to move on to Round 2.
You bet your bottom dollar there is! Finalists will be invited to get in-suit and interact with cheer try-out participants. This will help decide who has the best potential to be an energetic, creative and fun mascot!
Spirit Group Responsibilities
- Attend and entertain at al home football, men’s and women’s basketball games and other requested sporting events such as away games, post-season and tournament play for football and basketball.
- Responsible for putting together improvisational props and skits for games and performing routines at various venues.
- Numerous community service events, paid appearances, miscellaneous events for Louisiana Tech and its organizations.
- The teams have the opportunity to travel to nationals at Disney World in Orlando to compete for the championship.