Please email the cheer coach at Cheer@LATech.edu if you are interested in the cheer program. Include your name, age, current school status, and contact information.
Stunt Clinic Dates:
- March 19, 2023 – 11th grade and above
- April 2, 2023 – 11th grade and above
All clinics will be held in the Red gym of the Lambright Sports Center from 2-4:30pm. Please print out and bring with you the Stunt Clinic Application linked below and the $40 registration fee.
2023-24 Tryout Dates – April 21-23
The Louisiana Tech Regal Blues are experienced technically trained dancers who focus primarily on technique, performance, and maintaining their physical fitness. A full-year commitment is mandatory. Tryouts are in the spring and practices are held throughout the summer, and three to five times a week during the school year to learn and perfect choreography. Participation is required in team workouts two to three times per week. Over the summer, the entire Regal Blues team attends UDA College Dance Camp and a select veteran group attends ProAction Dance Intensive. During the school year, the Regal Blues represent the Bulldogs and Lady Techsters at numerous sporting events such as football, men’s and women’s basketball, and occasional soccer and volleyball games. In addition, we participate in pep rallies, additional athletic department events, and campus and community service activities during the year. The Regal Blues also compete at the UDA College Nationals in Orlando, Florida, in January. There is not a weight or height restriction to be on this team, but physical fitness as a collegiate dancer is expected.
We seek committed, well-rounded individuals and dancers with good character who will represent Louisiana Tech University in a positive manner, as Regal Blues are highly visible within our university and our community. We seek out individuals who are outgoing and can work well with coaches and other teammates. Another important facet of our program is members who embody athleticism by way of skill level, fitness, health, and work ethic. Potential members should have experience in jazz, hip hop, and pom.
Tryout Clinic Dates:
- Saturday, March 18, 2023
- Saturday, April 1, 2023
- Saturday, April 15, 2023
Location: Lambright Sports and Wellness Center
Cost: $50 (Cash or check only. Checks made payable to Louisiana Tech Foundation)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot today!
These clinics are for those interested in auditioning for the team this upcoming season. Only one clinic is required, but you may attend as many as you would like. At these clinics, you will go over the full audition process including all technique elements required at auditions, receive one-on-one feedback from the coach, learn the fight song, learn a hip hop combination similar to what will be taught at auditions, and have an opportunity to ask any questions you may have regarding the Regal Blues.
Regal Blues 2023-2024 tryouts — April 28-29
First official team meetings / fittings – Sunday, April 30, 2023
Location: Lambright Sports and Wellness Center – red gym
For more information on the Regal Blues, please contact Caroline Milford at email@example.com.
Do you have what it takes to fill the shoes? Champ tryouts are a fun-filled experience and a great way to show off your school spirit. Champ, Louisiana Tech University mascot, is one of the most recognized and beloved members of the Tech family. The chosen candidate will be trained to be one of the nation’s top college mascots and icons for Louisiana Tech Alumni, Friends, Family, Faculty, Athletes, and Students.
Where: Lambright Intramural Sports Center
How long: Depends on the number of applicants
What to bring: Workout/running clothes to wear while in-suit, towel, change of clothes, water, and a positive attitude
- Must be a full time student and have Bulldog Pride 24/7
- Must have and maintain a minimum 2.3 cumulative GPA
- Must be between 5’ 6” and 6’ 0” (due to suit restrictions)
- Must be in good physical condition, with good health
- Must be good with kids and able to perform at a moment’s notice
What will I do at the tryout?
- Applicant should arrive on time, with a completed application.
- Applicants will complete a one-on-one interview with judges. (The current squad will not be present in order to maintain privacy.)
- Immediately following the interview, applicants may be asked to perform a 30-second improvisational skit with items commonly found in the TAC or Joe Aillet Stadium. The skit helps gauge the applicants’ on-the-fly creativity.
Skits will be judged on creativity, energy and physical exaggeration. Try to make the judges laugh! This must be family friendly because crowds range in age from one month to 117 years.
Finalists will be invited to move on to Round 2.
Finalists will be invited to get in suit and interact with cheer tryout participants. This will help decide who has the best potential to be an energetic, creative, and fun mascot
Spirit group responsibilities
- Attend and entertain at al home football, men’s and women’s basketball games and other requested sporting events such as away games, post-season and tournament play for football and basketball.
- Responsible for putting together improvisational props and skits for games and performing routines at various venues.
- Numerous community service events, paid appearances, miscellaneous events for Louisiana Tech and its organizations.
- The teams have the opportunity to travel to nationals at Disney World in Orlando to compete for the championship.
Would you like to have Champ, the Regal Blues, or the Cheerleaders at one of your events? Complete the Appearance Request Form and email it to the appropriate contact.
- Cheer – Emily Spoon – Cheer@LATech.edu
- Regal Blues – Caroline Milford – Dance@LATech.edu
- Champ – Wes Gregory – Champ@LATech.edu
Appearances for non-Tech related events require a small fee and help raise funds necessary to keep uniform and mascot costs to a minimum for our program.