Would You like to be a member of Regal Blues or a Louisiana Tech Cheerleader?
Would you like to have Champ, the Regal Blues, or the Cheerleaders at one of your events?
Complete the Appearance Request Form and email it to the appropriate contact.
Cheer - Emily Spoon - email@example.com
Regal Blues - Caroline Milford - firstname.lastname@example.org
Champ - Wes Gregory - email@example.com
Appearances for non-Tech related events require a small fee and help raise funds necessary to keep uniform and mascot costs to a minimum for our program.
Please email the cheer coach at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the cheer program. Include your name, age, current school status, and contact information.
Stunt Clinics will be held throughout the year in the Red Gym at the Lambright Intramural Center. Clinics are for grades 6 and higher. Basic co-ed stunting skills will be taught.
Stunt Clinic Dates
Cost: $30 Cash/Check Payable to LaTech Foundation
Please fill out the Stunt Clinic Application below for each clinic and bring it with you to attend.
Cheerleading tryout dates have been set for April 27-29, 2018.
Regal Blues audition workshops: March 24 and April 14, 2018 from 2-4pm at Lambright Sports and Wellness Center. Highly recommended for all those auditioning, and a $35 fee is required for each.
Regal Blues 2018-2019 team tryouts: May 4 and 5, 2018 at Lambright Sports and Wellness Center. Team will be announced May 5, and first team meeting will be held May 6.
For more information on the Regal Blues, contact Caroline Milford at email@example.com.
Do you have what it takes to fill the shoes? Champ tryouts are a fun-filled experience and a great way to show off your school spirit. Champ, Louisiana Tech University mascot, is one of the most recognized and beloved members of the Tech family. The chosen candidate will be trained to be one of the nation’s top college mascots and icons for Louisiana Tech Alumni, Friends, Family, Faculty, Athletes, and Students.
Where: Lambright Intramural Sports Center
How long: Depends on the number of applicants
What to bring: Workout/running clothes to wear while in-suit, towel, change of clothes, water, and a positive attitude
- Must be a full time student and have Bulldog Pride 24/7
- Must have and maintain a minimum 2.3 cumulative GPA
- Must be between 5’ 6” and 6’ 0” (due to suit restrictions)
- Must be in good physical condition, with good health
- Must be good with kids and able to perform at a moment's notice
What will I do at the tryout?
Applicant should arrive on time, with a completed application.
Applicants will complete a one-on-one interview with Judges. (The current Squad will not be present in order to maintain privacy.)
Immediately following the interview, applicants may be asked to perform a 30-second improvisational skit with items commonly found in the TAC or Joe Aillet Stadium. The skit helps gauge the applicants’ on-the-fly creativity.
Skits will be judged on creativity, energy and physical exaggeration. Try to make the Judges laugh! This must be family friendly because crowds range in age from one month to 117 years.
Finalists will be invited to move on to Round 2.
You bet your bottom dollar there is! Finalists will be invited to get in-suit and interact with cheer try-out participants. This will help decide who has the best potential to be an energetic, creative and fun mascot!
Spirit Group Responsibilities
- Attend and entertain at al home football, men's and women's basketball games and other requested sporting events such as away games, post-season and tournament play for football and basketball.
- Responsible for putting together improvisational props and skits for games and performing routines at various venues.
- Numerous community service events, paid appearances, miscellaneous events for Louisiana Tech and its organizations.
- The teams have the opportunity to travel to nationals at Disney World in Orlando to compete for the championship.