The Career Center staff provides comprehensive services and resources that can facilitate contact between you, our students, and graduates. We are your first destination for connecting with Louisiana Tech University talent; let us help you connect! Check out the following resources provided by the center to assist our employer partners.
We ask that all employer partners review our Recruiting Policies before using our office resources.
FALL 2020 On-Campus Interviews and Info Session Instructions
Navigating a virtual recruiting landscape is new for us, however, we are committed to providing our stakeholders with an excellent experience. Below are the policies and procedures we are upholding for On-Campus Interviewing both in person and virtually as well as Employer Info Sessions at this time.
Employer partners are invited to conduct On-Campus Interviews in person within the Career Center. Those partners venturing to campus must uphold the following guidelines:
- Interview Schedule requests must be made through Handshake and will be approved as they are submitted.
- In an attempt to limit the person to person contact, you are required to use the online system to create your interview schedules. No “room only” reservations or paper schedules presented to our staff on the day of your interview will be allowed. Please follow these steps to make your reservation: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/225537148-How-to-Post-an-Interview-Schedule-to-a-School
- Only TWO companies can be on-campus interviewing on the same date as our space that suits COVID guidelines is limited.
- Only ONE room PER EMPLOYER can be reserved per day. With a maximum of TWO employer representatives present within the reserved room. Additional company representatives will be asked to leave.
- Usable seating will be labeled, limited, and unable to be adjusted.
- Everyone entering the Career Center must wear a mask at all times. Meeting spaces will be sanitized before arrival and hand sanitizer will be available.
- The Career Center will provide instructions to students that you select to interview about their interview arrival instructions.
Employers who are unable to come to campus can participate in on-campus interviews facilitated by the Career Center through Zoom or your organization’s preferred online virtual platform. Those partners wishing to use this option contact Caitlin Dartez at email@example.com , before scheduling your interviews.
Info Sessions for the fall quarter are organized through the Career Center and will be conducted digitally through Zoom. To schedule a Virtual Info Session, contact Caitlin Dartez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your patience and ask that you continue to be fluid and forgiving as we navigate our ever-changing campus environment.
Professionally develop your recruiting process
The Louisiana Tech University Career Center supports the professional practices of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) a professional association that connects college career services professionals and HR/staffing professionals focused on college relations and recruiting. The association forecasts trends in the job market; tracks legal issues in employment, the job search, and hiring practices; and provides college and employer professionals with benchmarks for their work.
As an affiliate of NACE, the Career Center can offer best practice information to you about internship programs and experiential learning opportunities, which for many of our industry partners, can act as a pipeline for hiring full-time employees. As well as research and data about average starting salaries, so that you can ensure you are offering candidates competitive packages.
We encourage you to join us in membership in the following organizations:
Connect with Louisiana Tech through Handshake
Handshake provides a modern platform for college recruiting that allows employers to manage all your campuses with Handshake at no cost. This system offers employer teams many great features including a seamless way to connect to our students directly. Over 700 colleges and universities have made the switch to using the Handshake system, which in turn has driven over 500,000 employer partners actively recruiting using this same system. Whether a student is looking for an opportunity in Accounting to Zoology, operating through Handshake heightens their chances of landing that dream job!
Provide our students with your opportunities; join Handshake today: https://joinhandshake.com/employers/
For step by step instructions, check out this tutorial – https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219133047-How-to-Create-a-User-Account-Join-a-Company-and-Connect-with-Schools
After you have an account, all you will need to do now is set up the job posting. Here is a link to do that! https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/218693198-How-to-Post-a-Job
NOTICE: Employer profiles are vetted and approved by the Louisiana Tech University Career Center. The following are reasons for profile decline:
- Profiles with a trust score below 80% in the Handshake system are not approved. Need to increase your trust score? Check out this article: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013360228
- A company registered without a corporate email domain will not be approved.
- If a profile has been flagged for any reason, that profile will not be approved.
View the QuickStart Employer Guide here: https://youtu.be/senri4wHPb0
Events, on-campus interviews, and info sessions
Each year, the Career Center hosts five recruiting events where employers and graduate and professional schools are invited to campus. Participating in recruiting events like these can help your organization to create a presence on campus and to build the pipeline of students you recruit from Tech, year-to-year. If you are interested in participating in our upcoming events, visit our Events page for details on registration.
Can’t make one of our events? Let’s plan your own! On-campus presentations and information sessions provide an opportunity for you to meet informally with students and share materials about your company outside of formal recruiting events. Schedule your Info Session through Handshake by making an event request.
Is there a candidate you would like to interview? Arranging on campus interviews has never been easier! Handshake provides our staff and employer partners a streamlined system to request interview space within our center. Visit our employer support page to learn more about the types of interviews you can schedule. When you are ready to select a date, access your Handshake account and submit your requests. For more information about on campus interviews, contact Caitlin Dartez, Assistant Director of Employer Relations, at email@example.com.
Questions about connecting with our center?
If you want to learn more about connecting with the Career Center, please call 318.257.4336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.