Appeals for Excessive Aggregate Hours for Developmental and "Pre" Programs
Maximum hours attempted are considered when determining financial aid eligibility. These hours are considered even if financial aid was not received while attempting them. Regardless of where the hours were attempted, Louisiana Tech University standards apply. Students in Developmental and "Pre" Programs are allowed to attempt a maximum of 60 hours. Students lose eligibility for future quarters and future award years after the quarter in which they exceed the maximum hours during the award year.
Suggesting that the Financial Aid Office contact doctors, professors, or other persons for additional information is not considered adequate documentation. Appeals for exceptions to the policy must be submitted in writing using the Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form. Appeals must be received no later than the deadline for the specific quarter that you are requesting eligibility. We recommend that you submit an appeal as soon as possible after the deficiency occurs so that the appeal can be evaluated before classes begin. A student may only appeal for a total of three times during an academic career at Louisiana Tech University. Appeal Deadlines are as follows:
|Fall 2015||Sep 9, 2015|
|Winter 2016||Dec 1, 2015|
|Spring 2016||Mar 8, 2016|
|Summer 2016||Jun 7, 2016|
If the student has now changed their major to a valid degree program, please submit the following:
- An appeal form.
- A copy of an unofficial transcript showing the new major or a copy of the major change form submitted to the Registrar's Office.
Please include the following in an appeal for excessive aggregate hours for Developmental and "Pre" Programs (an incomplete appeal will be returned without action):An appeal form.
- A detailed signed letter of explanation. Describe your goals at Tech, explain why you have not met developmental or "pre-program" requirements yet, and provide any documentation available to support your reasons. What actions have you taken to make sure you graduate in the near future?
- Provide any documentation available to support you reasons.
- A memo must be obtained by the student from their advisor outlining the specific course requirements by quarter remaining for admission to a valid degree program.
- An unofficial copy of the most recent academic transcript available at the Registrar’s Office. A B.O.S.S. online transcript printout is not acceptable. Please do not ask the Registrar's Office to hand- deliver a transcript to the Financial Aid Office.