Grants are awarded based solely on financial need. This financial need comes from the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) determined from the FAFSA. Unlike loans, grants don’t have to be repaid unless, for example, you are awarded funds incorrectly.

Pell Grant

The Pell Grant is considered a form of “gift aid” and does not have to be repaid. Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who have not earned their first bachelor’s degree and who exhibit exceptional financial need.

Beginning with the 2018-2019 award year, a Pell-eligible student whose parent or guardian died in the line of duty while performing as a public safety officer is eligible to receive a maximum Pell Grant for the award year for which the determination of eligibility is made.  In order to view and apply for eligibility, please submit an application for the Children of Fallen Heroes Scholarship through the Louisiana Tech Scholarship Portal.

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

FSEOG grants are awarded to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. This means that we award SEOG grants to the neediest students first, based on a very low EFC.

Louisiana GO Grant

The purpose of this program is to provide a need-based component to the state’s financial aid plan to support nontraditional and low to moderate-income students who need additional aid to afford the cost of attending college. Students must be a Pell Grant recipient and a Louisiana resident. Award amounts range up to $2400 per year for the Academic Year.  Funds are limited; therefore, students with a complete file by the published deadline are given first consideration.  GO Grant awards are subject to cancellation or modification when the new funds and rules are provided.

Learn more about GO Grant

Teach Grant

After a careful review of the structure of the new Federal Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program, Louisiana Tech University has decided NOT to participate in this program.

Other Grants

Some students may receive other assistance from outside sources. Financial Aid is required to use any “other assistance” that you are to receive as a resource when determining your aid package. You should report to Financial Aid any type of assistance which you may receive that isn’t showing on your award letter, as soon as you become aware of it.