The Student Employment Program at Louisiana Tech University provides employment opportunities for students who are in need of earnings from part-time employment in order to pursue a course of study at the university. The program is also designed to assist University departments in meeting their objectives through the use of qualified student employees.
Students who qualify for the Federal College Work-Study Program as established by guidelines of the U.S. Department of Education are paid from funds derived from the federal government and the university at the ratio of 75%-25%. If the student does not qualify for Federal College Work-Study, 100% of his/her salary is paid from the University’s Institutional Funds.
All eligible students are encouraged to participate in student employment. Of course, it is important to remember, the students’ first priority is to be a student. Employment should help create a well-rounded individual and should not be the primary focus of their educational experience at Louisiana Tech University.
Student Employment Information
Students must be eligible and certified PRIOR to beginning employment. Certification paperwork must be received in the Financial Aid Office within 3 days of hire date.
Student Employment Eligibility Rules:
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for student employment. Half time enrollment is defined as 4 hours for undergraduates or 3 hours for graduates. Students who drop below half-time will no longer be eligible for student employment and must cease working.
- Students must have an overall GPA of 2.0 for undergraduates and a 3.0 for graduates during their employment. First time freshmen must have an ACT Composite score of 20 or higher at time of employment.
- Students may work a maximum of 20 hours a work week, and are not allowed to work during scheduled class times.
- Student workers will be allowed to hold only one job at a time during an academic year (ex: FWS, Graduate Assistantship, Regular Funds).
Payroll Schedule and Timesheet Information
Student Employment Timesheets
Institutional and Federal Work Study Program timesheets are only available from the Financial Aid Office. If you have been certified to work by a department and your certification packet has been turned in to the Financial Aid Office, please allow up to 1 week for entry. Your time sheet will then be sent through campus mail to you supervisor.
Both student and supervisor must sign and date the time sheet before submission for payroll processing. The time sheet should be double checked to ensure total number of hours reported is correct and there is no reported work hours during a class time.
Direct Deposit For Payroll Checks
You may now authorize the University to electronically deposit your payroll check into your bank account. To complete the electronic authorization:
- Logon to BOSS using your BOSS PIN.
- Select the “Electronic Deposit of Refunds/Student Payroll” option on the Student Services menu.
- Follow the instructions to complete the Electronic Deposit Authorization form.
- You must provide the bank routing number and account number that are located on your check or deposit slip
Student Employment Forms
Student Worker Certification Forms for 2020-2021:
- Request for Certification – Institutional (Regular) Funds (20-21)
Federal Workstudy Certification Forms must be completed in the Financial Aid Office
Other Student Employment Forms: